Can Cats Eat Maltesers

Can Cats Eat Maltesers?

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by Pauline G. Carter

Maltesers are a chocolate treat that many people enjoy. But can our feline friends eat them? The answer is yes, cats can eat Maltesers.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind before sharing this tasty treat with your kitty. First, Maltesers contain sugar and chocolate, which means they should be given in moderation. Second, make sure the Maltesers are well out of your cat’s reach so they don’t become sick from eating too many.

Maltesers are a type of chocolate that is popular in many parts of the world. They are made from sugar, cocoa butter, milk, and malt extract. Maltesers are generally considered to be safe for human consumption, but can cats eat them?

There is no definitive answer to this question since there is limited research on the subject. However, it is generally not recommended to give your cat any kind of chocolate due to the potential health risks. Chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine, which can be toxic to cats in large amounts.

Therefore, it is best to err on the side of caution and avoid giving your cat Maltesers or any other type of chocolate.

Are Cats Allowed Maltesers?

Yes, cats are allowed Maltesers. In fact, many people give their cats Maltesers as a treat. There is no harm in giving your cat a few Maltesers, but you should not give them too many because they are high in sugar.

Will a Tiny Bit of Chocolate Hurt My Cat?

No, a tiny bit of chocolate will not hurt your cat. Chocolate is not toxic to cats, and even though it may contain caffeine and theobromine, these substances are present in such small amounts that they pose no threat to your cat’s health. However, chocolate does contain fat and sugar, so it’s best to give it to your cat in moderation.

What Should I Do If My Cat Eats Chocolate?

If your cat eats chocolate, it is important to seek professional medical help immediately as chocolate can be poisonous to cats. Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which are both toxic to cats in large amounts. Clinical signs of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhoea, tremors, seizures and heart arrhythmias.

If you think your cat has eaten chocolate, call your veterinarian or local animal hospital for advice on what to do next.

What Happens If Cats Eat Chocolate?

Chocolate is poisonous to cats. The theobromine and caffeine in chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, and seizures. Chocolate can also be deadly if a cat eats enough of it.

If you think your cat has eaten chocolate, call your veterinarian immediately.

Bryan the Cat eating Maltesers

Can Cats Eat Chocolate

Chocolate is a delicious treat that many people enjoy. However, it is important to remember that chocolate can be dangerous for pets, including cats. Chocolate contains a chemical called theobromine, which is toxic to animals.

Even small amounts of chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and tremors in cats. In severe cases, chocolate ingestion can lead to seizures and death. If you suspect your cat has eaten chocolate, contact your veterinarian immediately.


Yes, cats can eat Maltesers. However, they should only be given a small amount as a treat since they are high in sugar. Cats typically do not like the taste of chocolate, so Maltesers may not be their favorite treat.

About Author (Pauline G. Carter)

Pauline G. Carter

Pauline G. Carter is a well-known pet blogger who has written about the world of pets for several years. She is passionate about pets, from cats and dogs to birds, reptiles, and poultry. Her blog, which is updated regularly, is filled with articles and guides on pet care, nutrition, and training. She also shares her experiences and observations on pet ownership, making her blog relatable and informative for pet lovers. She is a true animal advocate and is dedicated to promoting responsible pet ownership. Let’s Go …

Scroll to Top