Can Cats Have Chocolate Pudding

Can Cats Have Chocolate Pudding?

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Last Updated on November 8, 2022 by Pauline G. Carter

No one is quite sure how the rumor started that chocolate pudding was poisonous to cats. Some say it began with well-meaning animal welfare organizations who were concerned about the rising obesity epidemic among felines and wanted to warn their owners about giving them sugary snacks. Others believe that it originated from people who simply don’t like cats and wanted to cause trouble.

Whatever the case may be, the rumor persists today and many cat owners are left wondering if they can give their beloved pets a little treat now and then.

Cat gets chocolate pudding on it’s nose

There’s a lot of debate on the internet about whether or not cats can have chocolate pudding. The main concern seems to be the milk content in pudding, as many people believe that milk is bad for cats. However, there are also some people who say that their cats love chocolate pudding and have never had any problems with it.

Personally, I think that if your cat enjoys chocolate pudding and doesn’t seem to have any adverse effects from it, then there’s no harm in letting them indulge every once in a while. Just be sure to monitor them closely to make sure they don’t eat too much and get sick. And of course, always consult with your veterinarian if you have any concerns about what foods are safe for your cat to consume.

Can Cats Eat Chocolate

Can cats eat chocolate? The answer may surprise you! While it’s true that chocolate is poisonous to dogs, the same is not true for cats.

In fact, chocolate is perfectly safe for your feline friend – as long as it’s consumed in moderation. So, if your cat happens to steal a few bites of your chocolate bar, there’s no need to panic. Just make sure they don’t eat too much, as this could lead to an upset stomach.

Now that you know the answer to the question “can cats eat chocolate?”, you can enjoy your sweet treat without worry!

Will Chocolate Pudding Hurt a Cat?

No, chocolate pudding will not hurt a cat. Pudding is made from milk, sugar, eggs, and flavoring, and chocolate is one of the most popular flavors. While chocolate does contain caffeine and theobromine, two substances that are toxic to cats in large quantities, the amount of these substances in pudding is too low to cause any harm.

In fact, many veterinarians recommend using chocolate pudding as a safe way to give cats medicine that they otherwise wouldn’t take willingly.

Is Pudding Harmful to Cats?

No, pudding is not harmful to cats. Pudding is made from milk and cream and is a source of protein and fat. Cats need these nutrients for their coat and skin.

Will a Tiny Bit of Chocolate Hurt My Cat?

No, a tiny bit of chocolate will not hurt your cat. In fact, chocolate is actually good for cats in small amounts. Chocolate contains theobromine, which is a stimulant that can help to keep your cat alert and active.

It also contains antioxidants that can help to boost your cat’s immune system.

What Happens If a Cat Eats Chocolate?

Chocolate is a known hazard for dogs, but did you know it can be dangerous for cats too? If your cat has eaten chocolate, it’s important to keep an eye on them and seek veterinary advice if they start to show any signs of illness. Theobromine is the main toxic compound in chocolate that is harmful to both dogs and cats.

It’s similar to caffeine and can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, tremors, seizures and even heart failure in pets. The amount of theobromine in different types of chocolate varies, with dark chocolate having the highest concentration and white chocolate having the lowest. However, all types of chocolate can be dangerous if consumed in large enough quantities.

If your cat has eaten a small amount of chocolate as part of their normal diet then they are unlikely to suffer any ill effects. However, if they have eaten a large quantity or if they are a small breed of cat then they may start to show symptoms within 6-12 hours. If this happens, it’s important to seek veterinary advice immediately as treatment may be required.

In most cases, treatment will involve giving your cat intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration and administering drugs to control vomiting and diarrhoea. In severe cases, hospitalisation may be necessary.


No, cats cannot have chocolate pudding. Chocolate is toxic to cats and can cause them to vomit, have diarrhea, and experience seizures.

About Author (Pauline G. Carter)

Pauline G. Carter

Pauline G. Carter is a well-known pet blogger who has written about the world of pets for several years. She is passionate about pets, from cats and dogs to birds, reptiles, and poultry. Her blog, which is updated regularly, is filled with articles and guides on pet care, nutrition, and training. She also shares her experiences and observations on pet ownership, making her blog relatable and informative for pet lovers. She is a true animal advocate and is dedicated to promoting responsible pet ownership. Let’s Go …

Scroll to Top